Divergent Hat & Cowl
Meet The Expert
Toni Lipsey is the designer and instructor behind TL Yarn Crafts. She strives to inspire othersí creativity through online tutorials and modern, approachable crochet patterns. Toni learned to crochet from her mother as a teenager and has been exploring the possibilities of yarn ever since. She is currently obsessed with making shawls in fun shapes and cozy sweaters. Follow her... Full bio »
View other episodes by Toni Lipsey »
In this Learn, Make, Create! episode brought to you by Annie's Creative Studio, crochet expert Toni Lipsey demonstrates how to begin the hat from the bottom up and highlights how to work in the back bar for the half double decrease stitches. This attractive set is a distinctive pattern you'll want to add to your gift-giving projects list.
In this episode, you'll learn how to:
- Crochet striking stripes.
- Work the hat from the bottom up.
- Crochet half double decrease.
- Crochet the Divergent Hat & Cowl set.
Hat: 16 inches in circumference x 10 1/2 inches tall
Note: Hat will fit a head circumference of 17Ė21 inches.
Cowl: 81/2 inches wide x 40 inches in circumference
- King Cole Fashion Aran medium (worsted) weight acrylic/wool yarn (3 1/2 oz/219 yds/100g per ball): 1 ball each #438 Islay, #89 granary, #3056 eucalyptus, #3057 ginger and #3058 mustard
- Size I/9/5.5mm crochet hook or size needed to obtain gauge
- Tapestry needle
- Stitch marker