Come Sail Away Baby Quilt
Meet The Expert
Nancy McNally is passionate about every aspect of quilting -- designing, piecing, quilting and binding. Full bio »
View other episodes by Nancy McNally »
In this Learn, Make, Create! episode brought to you by Annie's Creative Studio, quilting expert Nancy McNally navigates techniques to bring out the best for a nautical quilt that is sure to amuse and impress.
In this episode, you'll learn how to:
- Embellish a quilt with raw-edge machine applique and jumbo rickrack.
- Arrange fish blocks for a variety of expressions.
- Complete boat blocks.
Quilt Size: 40" x 48"
- Scrap each white and blue solids
- Small piece green dot
- Small piece at least 9" x 9" each 5 white with blue prints
- Fat quarter orange dot
- Fat quarter brown dot
- 1/2 yard blue stripe
- 1 yard total assorted blue prints and tonals
- Backing to size
- Batting to size
- 1 1/4 yards light blue 11/2" jumbo rickrack
- Fusible web with paper release
- Template material
- Basic sewing tools and supplies