Come Sail Away Baby Quilt
Meet The Expert
In this Learn, Make, Create! episode brought to you by Annie's Creative Studio, quilting expert Nancy McNally navigates techniques to bring out the best for a nautical quilt that is sure to amuse and impress.
In this episode, you'll learn how to:
- Embellish a quilt with raw-edge machine applique and jumbo rickrack.
- Arrange fish blocks for a variety of expressions.
- Complete boat blocks.
Quilt Size: 40" x 48"
- Scrap each white and blue solids
- Small piece green dot
- Small piece at least 9" x 9" each 5 white with blue prints
- Fat quarter orange dot
- Fat quarter brown dot
- 1/2 yard blue stripe
- 1 yard total assorted blue prints and tonals
- Backing to size
- Batting to size
- 1 1/4 yards light blue 11/2" jumbo rickrack
- Fusible web with paper release
- Template material
- Basic sewing tools and supplies