Meet The Expert
Annie Smith has been quilting since 1980 and teaching since 1984. She teaches nationally and internationally and loves to mentor quilters of all skill levels. She is well-known for machine appliqué but loves all types of quilting and designs her own quilts and patterns. She is a BERNINA Ambassador, an Aurifil Designer and a podcaster. She launched the first podcast for... Full bio »
View other episodes by Annie Smith »
In this Learn, Make, Create! online video class brought to you by Annie's Creative Studio, quilting expert Annie Smith demonstrates how to make an elegant twin, queen or king-sized quilt with just one 40-piece or two 20-piece jelly roll sets.
In this online video class, you'll learn how to:
- Use precut 21/2" strips to make a gorgeous quilt!
- Create drama with careful fabric placement of lights and darks.
- Achieve perfectly matched seams and points every time with a simple tool.
- Make the Roman Foursquare quilt.
Quilt Size: 59" x 64"
Block Size: 4 1/2" x 4 1/2"
Number of Blocks: 45
- 40 (2 1/2" by fabric width) precut A strips*
- 1 1/8 yards cream batik (side setting triangles)*
- 1 1/2 yards brown batik (solid bars and sashing)*
- 1 1/2 yards aqua batik (borders)*
- 3/4 yard binding fabric*
- Backing at least 4" larger than the quilt top
- Batting at least 4" larger than the quilt top*
- Basic sewing tools and supplies
Skill Level: Confident Beginner