Nine-Patch Farmhouse Coasters
Meet The Expert
Rohn Strong is a crochet and knitwear designer and yarn spinner who has been crocheting since he was 6 years old. His designs reflect a desire to push the boundaries of the crafts. He has instructed several Annie's video classes and has designed numerous patterns for Annie's. His patterns have appeared in both Crochet! and Crochet World magazines. Rohn has also taught many... Full bio »
View other episodes by Rohn Strong »
In this Learn, Make, Create! online video class brought to you by Annie's Creative Studio, designer Rohn Strong demonstrates how to achieve fresh and functional results with this unique and affordable crafting technique.
In this online video class, you'll learn how to:
- Transfer the pattern onto monk's cloth.
- Create a unique, even texture with yarn and a punch needle.
- Finish the Nine-Patch Farmhouse Coasters.
Coaster: 4 1/2" x 4 1/2"
Tools & Materials
- 3 (12") squares 14-thread/inch monk's cloth
- 3 (5") squares black craft felt
- 2 to 3 colors worsted-weight yarn*
- Adjustable punch needle tool (size suitable for worsted-weight yarn)
- 10" nonslip embroidery hoop
- Light source
- Soft leaded pencil
- Hand-sewing needle
- Craft glue
Skill Level: Beginner