Rose Garden Table Runner
Meet The Expert
Heather Valentine is the voice behind The Sewing Loft. This self-proclaimed fabric hoarder likes to stitch the night away and dreams of one day discovering a better way to detangle her thread collection. Full bio »
View other episodes by Heather Valentine »
In this Learn, Make, Create! online video class brought to you by Annie's Creative Studio, quilting and sewing expert Heather Valentine of The Sewing Loft demonstrates how to make this scrap-friendly runner just in time for summer gatherings around your dining-room table.
In this online video class, you'll learn how to:
- Choose coordinating scrap fabrics in varying shades of red and green.
- Practice the crazy-patch piecing technique.
- Complete the Rose Garden Table Runner.
Block Sizes: 6" x 6" finished and 8" x 8" finished
Number of Blocks: 6 and 4
- Scraps light to medium pink and red, dark red and green, and gold tonals and small prints
- 1 fat quarter medium green tonal
- 5/8 yard green leaf tonal
- Backing to size
- Batting to size
- 1 (8" x 12") rectangle batting
- Template material
- 10 sheets foundation paper or 1/2 yard muslin
- Basic sewing tools and supplies