Granny Square Slippers
Meet The Expert
Rohn Strong is a crochet and knitwear designer and yarn spinner who has been crocheting since he was 6 years old. His designs reflect a desire to push the boundaries of the crafts. He has instructed several Annie's video classes and has designed numerous patterns for Annie's. His patterns have appeared in both Crochet! and Crochet World magazines. Rohn has also taught many... Full bio »
View other episodes by Rohn Strong »
In this Learn, Make, Create! online video class brought to you by Annie's Creative Studio, crochet expert Rohn Strong demonstrates how to work each granny square motif. He also demonstrates how to crochet the popcorn stitch which adds texture.
In this online video class, you'll learn how to:
- Crochet the granny squares including a pretty popcorn stitch.
- Stitch two different seams when assembling the slippers.
- Make the slippers non-slip for wearing on hardwood floors.
Skill Level: Confident Beginner
Finished Size: Instructions given fit woman's size small (size F hook), medium (size G hook) and large (size H hook).
- Medium (worsted) weight acrylic yarn: 3 oz/146 yds/85g each in gold, medium orange, turquoise and red
- Sizes F/5/3.75mm, G/6/4mm and H/8/5mm crochet hooks or sizes needed to obtain gauge
- Yarn needle