Chic Throw by Marly Bird: Mosaic Block 7
Meet The Expert
Marly Bird is the national spokesperson for Red Heart Yarns and a published crochet and knitting designer. She is also an author, teacher, podcaster and blogger. Throughout the year, Marly travels the country teaching at national craft consumer shows and shares the love of Red Heart (including her new line called Chic Sheep by Marly Birdô) with her followers. Full bio »
View other episodes by Marly Bird »
In this Crochet Skill Builders online video class taught by crochet expert Marly Bird, you'll learn how to work the stitch pattern of this striking block. You'll also learn to work the black and cream stripe pattern, and then how to work the unique design in the middle.
In this online video class, you'll learn how to:
- Work the mosaic crochet stitch.
- Change colors while working the mosaic stitch.
- Complete Block 7 of the Chic Throw by Marly Bird afghan.
Block: 12 inches wide x 12 inches long
Throw: 38 inches wide x 50 inches long
Materials for Afghan:
- Red Heart Chic Sheep by Marly Bird medium (worsted) weight merino wool yarn (3 1/2 oz /186 yds/100g per skein): 7 skeins #5640 platinum (A), 5 skeins #5641 sterling (B), 5 skeins #5311 lace (C), 3 skeins #5312 stiletto (D)
- Size I/9/5.5mm crochet hook or size needed to obtain gauge
- Tapestry needle
- Stitch markers (optional)