Chic Throw by Marly Bird: Corner-to-Corner Block 9
Meet The Expert
Marly Bird is the national spokesperson for Red Heart Yarns and a published crochet and knitting designer. She is also an author, teacher, podcaster and blogger. Throughout the year, Marly travels the country teaching at national craft consumer shows and shares the love of Red Heart (including her new line called Chic Sheep by Marly Birdô) with her followers. Full bio »
View other episodes by Marly Bird »
In this Crochet Skill Builders online video class brought to you by Annie's Creative Studio, crochet expert Marly Bird demonstrates how to crochet the corner-to-corner block, block 9 of her Chic Throw by Marly Bird afghan crochetalong.
In this online video class, you'll learn how to:
- Choose colors for the corner-to-corner block.
- Set up the stitch pattern.
- Complete Block 9 in the Chic Throw by Marly Bird crochetalong.
Block: 12 inches wide x 12 inches long
Throw: 38 inches wide x 50 inches long
Materials for Afghan:
- Red Heart Chic Sheep by Marly Bird medium (worsted) weight merino wool yarn (3 1/2 oz /186 yds/100g per skein): 7 skeins #5640 platinum (A), 5 skeins #5641 sterling (B), 5 skeins #5311 lace (C), 3 skeins #5312 stiletto (D)
- Size I/9/5.5mm crochet hook or size needed to obtain gauge
- Tapestry needle
- Stitch markers (optional)