Create the final block in the Chic Throw by Marly Bird series! The post stitches are worked in this block gives the semblance of X's and O's in the cables -- a unique and beautiful effect!
In this Crochet Skill Builders! online video class brought to you by Annie's Creative Studio, crochet expert Marly Bird demonstrates how to crochet the Chic Throw by Marly Bird: Cable XO Block 12.
In this online video class, you'll learn how to:
- Master front post double crochet stitches.
- Create vertical cables.
- Crochet the Cable XO Block.
Skill Level: Confident Beginner
Block: 12 inches wide x 12 inches long
Throw: 38 inches wide x 50 inches long
Materials for Afghan:
- Red Heart Chic Sheep by Marly Bird medium (worsted) weight merino wool yarn (31/2 oz /186 yds/100g per skein):
- 7 skeins #5640 platinum (A), 5 skeins #5641 sterling (B), 5 skeins #5311 lace (C), 3 skeins #5312 stiletto (D)
- Size I/9/5.5mm crochet hook or size needed to obtain gauge
- Tapestry needle
- Stitch markers (optional)